Nestor Claims $34 Chance ‘Will Rattle Home’ At MuswellbrookApril 8, 2021
Vale Mr Brian RussellMay 26, 2021
By Brad Gray
Tips and race by race preview by Brad Gray for Muswellbrook.
|Race 1 – 12:35PM MAGIC MILLIONS 3YO MAIDEN PLATE (1000 METRES)|
9. Minniti was beaten by a smart one in Miss Jay Fox on debut but the time compared well across the day and the third horse Anabrook has since won herself. Looks the likely winner.
Dangers: 4. El’ Perri started hard in the market on debut at Wellington and although she had every chance in the run, she just found the 900m a touch sharp. Can only come on from that and draws soft.
How to play it: Minniti WIN ($3.10 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 2 – 1:15PM WOOTTON BASSETT @ COOLMORE MAIDEN PLATE (1280 METRES)|
7. Fusaichi Family went around at $81 on debut at Quirindi but saw enough from this filly across the line to warrant an each way ticket in a very winnable race. Out in trip and gets the services of a senior jockey.
Dangers: 11. Miss Efficiency comes through that same race so warrants respect. 4. Reach Beyondis very one paced but if he’s ever going to have the turn of foot to win over the sprint trip it’s probably first up.
How to play it: Fusaichi Family EACH WAY ($18 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 – 1:55PM BENGALLA MAIDEN HANDICAP (1500 METRES)|
8. Miss Twenty Twenty has had three runs for Grant Allard but two of them have been on heavy tracks on which she has performed horribly. If she can run up to her Port Macquarie third on a Soft 5 behind Sancta, she’ll likely win this.
Dangers: 5. Date has been chipping away lately with three recent placings to her name and she won’t find a more winnable maiden than this. 7. Gerwig is racing like he wants this trip now and has shown glimpses in the past.
How to play it: Miss Twenty Twenty WIN ($4 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 4 – 2:30PM UPPER HUNTER RIDESHARE BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1280 METRES)|
More was expected from 1. Trophies Galore last start but he brings a strong SP profile dropping back in grade. Has plenty of weight but he draws to do no work, loves his home track (15:4-3-4) and is well placed to bounce back.
Dangers: 3. Nitride is racing better than ever at the moment with the little knock being 1400m back to 1280m. 5. Aerobatic Warrior was posted throughout first up at Newcastle. Forgive her that. She’s also well placed here.
How to play it: Trophies Galore WIN ($9.50 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 – 3:09PM TAB HUNTER RIVER STAYERS CUP – BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (2300 METRES)|
7. Sassysav finished midfield in a St Leger at Flemington last start. That was four weeks ago and she’s since changed stables to John Sargent but imagine the Queensland Oaks is on the radar for this filly. She’d want to be winning this if that’s the case.
Dangers: 1. French Response has won two of her past three and will possibly be better again out to 2300m. The claim of apprentice Liam Blanch has been invaluable to her lately and is again here. 4. Insider Trader next best.
How to play it: Sassysav WIN ($3 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 6 – 3:45PM TWO RIVERS WINES BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
7. Ohwhata Crumpet has had a run of wide draws and it looks tricky again for her here but she has been working strongly to the line. Might be time to roll the dice and ride her aggressively. Her maiden win was from in front over 900m.
Dangers: 6. Cross Step won her maiden in good style at Tamworth last start. She’s certainly short enough in early markets making the leap into BM58 company but she obviously has untapped upside.
How to play it: Ohwhata Crumpet WIN ($2.70 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 7 – 4:20PM HUNTER THOROUGHBRED BREEDERS CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
1. Sacred Sword was tipped straight out after a sound third at Taree the last time we saw him but he is better than that as evidenced by his two second prior behind Siege Warfare and Rifles. The class runner in this.
Dangers: 2. Goofy Mick was squeezed out at the start when well beaten as an odds on favourite last start. Forget that. He bolted in first up. 5. Sparky Girl the best of the closers if the pace is frantic up front.
How to play it: Sacred Sword EACH WAY ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS